Try this recipe for Pad Thai:
|1/2 cup chicken broth or water|
2 Tbsp. fish sauce or 1 Tbsp. salt
4 Tbsp. tomato sauce
3 Tbsp. sugar
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. minced garlic or onions
4-8 large peeled shrimp
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup of bean sprouts
3 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
1/2 lb. Thai rice noodles
1 Tbsp. pickled radish
1 lime wedge for each plate
1 and 1/4 oz. tofu, reconstructed into cakes and cubed
- Soften rice noodles in cold water.
- Heat oil in large wok or skillet over high heat.
- Add shrimp, garlic and eggs; stir slowly for about one minute to separate yolk.
- Add fish sauce, tomato sauce, tofu, pickled radish and sugar. Stir until well mixed.
- Add rice noodles and stir, making sure all noodles are coated with sauce.
- Stir until sauce is slightly reduced. Noodles should be slightly moist, but not wet.
- Top with bean sprouts and chopped peanuts, and toss to mix lightly.